Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 00:13:26 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.2-RELEASE '875 SCSI won't negotiage

On 1997-10-21 08:17 +0200, J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:
> As dkelly@hiwaay.net wrote:
>
> > > sd0(ncr0:0:0): WIDE SCSI (16 bit) enabled
> > > sd0(ncr0:0:0): 20.0 MB/s (100 ns, offset 16)
> > >

> > > Shouldn't this report back 40.0 MB/s  for fast wide ultra ?
> >
> > Probably should.
>
> Probably should not.  It should read as ``20 MHz'', this makes no
> promises about the actual speed.

Yes, I've been thinking so for quite some time, to.
But I changed the message to report MB/s, anyway, on
popular demand :)

If 40MB/s is reported, you still won't be able to get
more than some 37MB/s moved, actually, but well, it is
the number claimed by the drive and controller vendors,
and so it can't be wrong to report it :)

Regards, STefan