Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:25:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Denny White <dennyboy@cableone.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cvsup into NFS mounted directory problem

Today Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> Sorry; I don't have enough hair to spare. ;-)
>
> What may be happening here is that cvsup itself is trying to change
> the permissions to match the repository it updates from.  In that
> case, problems from the underlying filesystem (which, I gather,
> is ntfs, and doesn't support full privileges of NFS) might result in
> errors.  Maybe you could try setting the filesystem ownership to the
> user you run cvsup as?

Thanks for the reply. That was how I started it out to begin with.
Uid's match, keys, everything. The user doing the cvs to the nfs
share is doing it to a folder he owns on the winxp box. But, that
being said, I've finally got cvs working from cygwin there, now.
The only reason I can come up with for it not working properly
before is, I didn't have rsa keys generated in my home dir on
the winxp box. I generated the keys & got them around the lan
into all the authorized_keys files in order to be able to do
unattended rsync backups from my crontabs on each box. So now,
the backups are working & so is cvs on windows. Miracles never
cease! :-) Thanks again for answering, Lowell.

GnuPG key  : 0x1644E79A  |  http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net
Fingerprint: D0A9 AD44 1F10 E09E 0E67  EC25 CB44 F2E5 1644 E79A