Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:11:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        laine@MorningStar.Com
Subject:   Intel Providence Motherboard

Does (should) the Intel Providence dual P6 motherboard work with the
FreeBSD SMP kernel? I looked at:

	http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/hardware.html

but it only mentions some board called the Intel "XXPRESS".

I think someone here just ordered 4 of these boards; will they work
with FreeBSD SMP? (They otherwise seem to be a great deal - 2940UW-equiv
SCSI controller (7880), 10/100 ethernet, SoundBlaster-equiv, plus all
the normal I/O for $579. Just the "extras" would cost $450 if you bought
them separately)

(I'm not on the mailing list, so please leave my address in the reply).

Also, has anybody tried the SuperMicro P6-DNE yet?

Laine Stump