Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 10:56:54 -0400
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ricardo_N=FA=F1ez?=" <rinunez@telcel.net.ve>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Kernel Sources

Dear Gentlemen,

Iīve just installed FreeBSD 2.2.1 over an IDE disk. I told it to install
the binaries only.

I noticed that to modify my kernel to accept ATAPI CD-ROM DRIVES, I have to
have kernel sources.

OK, I run /stand/sysinstall to "post-install" all kernel (with sources). It
ckecks not only "all kernel" option, but "user" option. No way to check the
"kernel" option only. When I commit to go on, it tells me it canīt find in
my DOS partition "bin, doc, manpages, proflibs, dict, or info". Well, I
HAVE that files there. No idea whatīs happening.

Is there any way to install from my dos partition kernel sources WITHOUT
sysinstall?

Thank you very much,

Ricardo Nunez