Date:      Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:40:41 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        Marcin Wisnicki <mwisnicki+freebsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org, bug-followup <bug-followup@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: www/159652: PR is not visible to search engines

Hello Marcin,

> I disagree. It is a serious problem and should not be ignored just
> because of infrastructure limitations.

I disagree. This is not a serious problem. It is a perfect valid choice
given the infrastructure we have. So we decided NOT to get this indexed
by google via the CGI scripts. It is fine that you do not agree with
that
but as long as the system administrators for FreeBSD do not wave the
white
flag for this, this is not going to change, no matter what your opinion
about
this is. It had been noted though that you disagree and would like the
behaviour
changed. If it will be changed, you will notice it soon enough.

> Why bother having a web page if it not findable on google ?

Because it's interactive for your purpose and not google's?

> Besides, it could be solved with caching or by exporting content to
> static pages with periodic updates.

There are possibly many more alternatives, however, we decided to take
this
route, and will taking the route untill someone that can decide about
this
over the possible impact will change the course.

Thank you for trying to make FreeBSD better.

--

/"\   Best regards,                      | remko@FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko@EFnet