Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:06:48 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Anton - Valqk <lists@lozenetz.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help choosing a good PCI PIDE controller

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:36:19PM +0200, Anton - Valqk wrote:
> Hi there group,
> I have a P 233MHZ machine running as rouer,
> I have attached a second drive for a storage but the IDE controller on the
> mother board is very old and slow (UDMA33).
> The disk is new and have 16MB cache, but the IDE is very slow and have very
> bad performace - about 1.3MB/s.
> I want to attach a PCI PATA IDE controller (I'm running 6.3) that will be
> rock solid.
> can you please recommend me  a good card?

I have had good experiences with the Promise Ultra100 TX2.
The Promise Ultra133 TX2 should be even better, but I have no personal
experience with it.  (Apart from the slightly higher speed, the Ultra133
should be able to handle large disks out of the box, while the Ultra100
needed a firmware update to handle disks larger than 128GiB.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson