Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 2008 18:03:17 +1030
From:      Andrew <awd@awdcomp.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   machine for master building of ports and other tid bits

Hi there,

We have a number of boxes running anything from PIII 733's to AMD64
Athlon/Opterons.
We are looking to have a machine or 2 dedicated to building all the
ports and other bits and pieces and then pkg them or what have you so
that the production boxes just install the packages or what have you
with the least amount of down time.

My questions are this:
What sort of box should I use for the 'master' builder box, ie a PIII or
any other box ie say an amd64 5000+ running an i386 version.
Also I assume we'll need a separate box for the machines running amd64
kernel, would that be correct?

TIA for your replies :)

Cheers
cya