Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:43:29 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Alberto Villa <avilla@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        kde@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update fails for kactivitymanagerd-4.10.5_1

--CfiwpigK2vfmwpN3

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 01:16:57PM +0200, Alberto Villa wrote:
> It's due to a problem with compiler.mk, already reported yesterday.
> Apparently, USES=3Dcompiler:c++11-lang doesn't provide such feature on
> FreeBSD 9 and below.
>=20
> bapt@: ideas?

We have to limit the number of compilers we do support, and given the diffe=
rent
possible options people can have: CLANG_IS_CC WITHOUT_CLANG WITHOUT_GCC it =
would
be a nightmare to support all combinaison.

So the ports tree only tests ${CC} and if it is failing fallback on a port
because we know the port do exists. Therefore clang33 is installed on FreeB=
SD
9.2 even if base has clang 3.3.

If a user want to use clang from base in freebsd 9.2 he will have to manual=
ly
setup CC=3Dclang and CXX=3Dclang++ and CPP=3Dclang-cpp in his make.conf in =
that case
compiler.mk will not pick up clang from ports.

Now if one is willing to add support for finding clang in base, then patches
welcome.

I can review but I do not have time to write any patches now.

regards,
Bapt

--CfiwpigK2vfmwpN3

--CfiwpigK2vfmwpN3--