Date:      18 Aug 2001 10:31:30 -0400
From:      Allan Strand <stranda@cofc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   printing as a non-root user from staroffice 5.2

Hi,

I installed staroffice 5.2 from the ports collection the other day.  I
used the "network install" while logged in as root.

The install went fine except for the fact that I can't manage to print
anything when I log in as a regular user.  The error I get indicates
that there must be a temporary file written to /usr/tmp which is then
piped from 'cat' into 'lpr'.  I keep getting a 'cat: /usr/tmp/xprnxxx
No such file or directory'.  When I 'su root' and try the same
exercise, printing works fine.  I've checked the ownership and
permissions on /usr/tmp and the ownership is 'root wheel'.  The
permissions are rwx for user and group, and rwt for other.  This
sounds like a dumb mistake on my part, but I can't seem to put my
finger on it.  Likewise, an archive search reveals little.
--
cheers,
allan