Date:      Wed, 1 Jun 2016 13:14:02 +0000
From:      Paul Esson <paul.esson@redstor.com>
To:        "galtsev@kicp.uchicago.edu" <galtsev@kicp.uchicago.edu>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: LSI MegaRAID with 8TB 4kn drives problem

Hi Valeri,

I had similar issue with Dell PERC 730 which is OEM of LSI card and 6TB 4Kn=
 drives.  In my case I had to force the use of the MRSAS driver over MFI in=
itially by exiting the boot sequence to loader prompt and typing:

set hw.mfi.mrsas_enable=3D1

Thereafter I added the line " hw.mfi.mrsas_enable=3D1" to /boot/loader.conf=
" after I had installed the OS.

Regards,=20

Paul Esson=A0=A0|=A0=A0Redstor Limited
t=A0=A0+44 (0)118 951 5235=A0=A0|=A0=A0=A0m=A0=A0+44 (0)776 690 6514
e=A0=A0paul.esson@redstor.com
www.redstor.com