Date:      Sat, 12 Sep 1998 17:01:29 -0700
From:      "Don O'Neil" <don@whtech.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <kde-user-request@lists.netcentral.net>
Subject:    KDE Crashing

First off I'd like to thank all those who helped me w/ my KDE problems... it
did indeed turn out to be a path issue and fully resolving the path in the
.Xsession file cleared it right up.

However, I'm experiencing quite a few crashes and hangs while running KDE...
I've narrowed it down to being KDE (or something with it) itself, as when I
run QVWM and all sorts of apps I don't have this problem.

I get core dumps when running the file browser, mail program, and other
programs, and occasionally all the windows just dissapear. Sometimes the
whole window manager just freezes....

Are there known compatibility problems/bugs in the 1.0 release of KDE?

My hardware is as follows:

Cyrix M2-200 CPU
Shuttle Hot 557 MB w/ 512 K Cache
64 MB EDO RAM
NCR 810 SCSI card w/ 3 2 GB HDD's
Toshiba CDROM,
Microsoft Intelimouse
S3 Virge DX 4 MB PCI video
SB 16
USR 33.6 Modem

Pretty generic setup. Like I said, everything works great except when I run
KDE.

Don