Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:20:02 -0500
From:      Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Demand load of cd9660 filesystem not occurring

I've been wrestling with mounting CDs as a non-root user and even though I
performed all the steps in the handbook, it failed.

So I tried to mount a CD as root, and THAT failed.

As it turns out, I had removed CD9660 from my kernel config (a LONG time ago),
because FreeBSD is supposed to load it on demand if it's not in the kernel.

I added it back to the kernel config and now I can mount CDs as root or
non-root.

I believe this to be a bug, but perhaps I have something mis-configured.

Any ideas?  Can anyone confirm this anomaly on their system?

The particular CD is a DesignCAD installation disk, and it's Joliet 3
extensions.  It's in a TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R5002 drive. I'm tracking FreeBSD
4.11.