Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:09:28 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GVim + GTK2 (was: Re: an apology...)

On 2003-03-04 19:54:26 (-0500), Mezz bsdforums.org <reigncracks@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > However, I already created a Makefile (for editors/vim-gtk2) for the
> > > personal use, since it required to have tarball of it. My Makefile only
> > > will do the cvs checkout from vim's cvs, fetch gtk2 patch, compile and
> > > install it. It doesn't has checksum and pkg-plist, so you are feel free
> > > to download and use it.
> >
> > Thanks, just building it now! :-)
>
> If you want to keep use my Makefile, I am happy to create vim-gtk2 in my
> download area and keep update for anyone who want to use. Also, I can create
> pkg-plist if anyone need. When, my IP changes then I can let you know. I am
> currently violating my ISP's TOS for setup personal web/mail server on
> regular cable account for long time by now.

If you like, I could host these for you.  I think this would be a very nice
addition to the ports-tree.  I don't think I'm the only one who finds GTK2 to
look loads nicer than GTK1, and for many of us, vim is possibly the
application which gets most CPU time, so it might as well look good! :-)

> > > If I want a vim-gtk2 in the ports tree, then looks like I will have to
> > > ask for repo copy editors/vim port. But, I don't know if vim-gtk2 patch
> > > will work with it, I haven't test it. I only use VIM version from VIM's
> > > CVS.
> >
> > The big problem, I think, is that CVS may or may not work depending on
> > when you're checking out code, which is probably a problem in the ports
> > tree :-)
>
> It's not really problem if you put the time/date. I found a nice Makefile
> with CVS checkout in devel/error/Makefile ..

True.  Remains the problem of checksumming for the paranoid. :-)

> And, VIM's CVS version is very stable with the very lastest patch. I
> personal prefer to get VIM CVS instead patch version. Have you seen VIM's
> patch? It's too many!!! :-)

I agree!

Vim with GTK2 looks really nice, I'm enjoying this.  :-)

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  Show me a person who's never made a mistake and I'll
  show you somebody who's never achieved much.