Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:37:20 +0100
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>, gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SysInfo-desklet, small problems...

Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> I can't get the network works so I have the feel that there might be
> some more stuff that you have changed somewhere in SysInfo or
> libdesklets? I keep get error like this:
>
> LibGTop-Server: kvm_read (ifnetaddr): Bad address

in my attempts to get sysinfo running i'm also did a portupgrade -f for
libgtop and python. mabe you should do the same.

maybe it's relevant: my output of uname -a:
FreeBSD ds9.webonaut.com 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #10: Tue Nov 11
13:42:18 CET 2003

> Your patch works great as far I can tell by add print stuff and check
> in the configure option, but I think it can't find my IP or whatever
> in the SysInfo or somewhere.
>
> Umm, I tried to comment out the same line what you did on
> SysInfo-0.21.2 for refresh and it doesn't work on me. :-/ It only will
> appear if I click on configure, but it doesn't refresh thought.

you suppose in one of you last mail the i changed more the the one line in
sysinfo, and the anser is: YES! -> in libmap.conf - i use this
overall-settings:
libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.1
libc_r.so               libkse.so
it seems that it only work only with libkse. if i go back to libc_r sysinfo
doesn't work.

> As for libdesklets::Disk.py, all I have to do is add an "?" in the
> fstype (with ufs and etc) and it works fine. I know, it's not a real
> solution but at least it works and still need to fix somewhere in the
> libgtop.

but if you enter add the "?" you will also find procfs/linprocfs/nullfs
wich doesn't really
make sense to examine.
i will suggest use my patch as workaround until a real solution is found.

hope that helps.

franz.

> Thanks again!

your'e welcome! :-)