Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:14:52 +0200
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        gj@swanlake.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux vs. freebsd

   Hi!

> Dear Sir:
>
> I am starting a web site and just installed a Linux+Apache web server.
> Today I heard somebody told me that I should use freebsd instead.
>
> Please outline to me the difference and advantages of freebsd.

      Not that I  want  to start  a new flame  war,  but FreeBSD is  always
   better than Linux.  ;-))

       However, the biggest advantage   is the better TCP/IP implementation
   and the behavior of FreeBSD under heavy  load conditions (e.g.  many ftp
   or http   users).  Also  the stability  is   real impressive.  For  more
   detailed information have a look  onto http://www.freebsd.org. There are
   a handbook and also a FAQ file with a lot of  information. As an example
   of   how  powerful  FreeBSD  is,   connect  to  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org of
   ftp://ftp.cdrom.com these   are  the  official  sites for   the  FreeBSD
   distribution  and one  of  the  biggest  and  most accessed site  on the
   internet, running FreeBSD!

   Regards and have fun with FreeBSD

   Lars
Lars Köller                  Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
University of Rostock        E-Mail:
Department of Physics          Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3          Anonymous ftp:
D-18051 Rostock (Germany)      ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub