Date:      Sun, 03 Jul 2011 22:49:21 +0200
From:      Olli Hauer <ohauer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Opinions on additional small subversion bsd.svn.mk framework

Hi,

I want to hear your opinion on a new subversion helper framework

So you would first ask why a helper for subversion?

My main reason to write such an helper was I use subversion-freebsd
and only a view ports honor this in tinderbox. So I started writing
for all those (80+) ports patches, and Max Brazhnikov (makc@) suggested
a small framework instead doing this in all the ports.

OK, the framework is finish but not committed until now.
Maybe someone has additional suggestions ideas / corrections / patches.

What is covered by the framework?
- FETCH|LIB|BUILD|RUN dependencies for (pl|py|ruby|java)-subversion
  and subversion/subversion-freebsd

How do I include and use it?

short examples:
-BUILD_DEPENDS= svn:${PORTSDIR}/devel/subversion
+USE_SVN_BUILD= yes

-FETCH_DEPENDS+=svn:${PORTSDIR}/devel/subversion
+USE_SVN=	fetch

-BUILD_DEPENDS=
${SITE_PERL}/${PERL_ARCH}/SVN/Core.pm:${PORTSDIR}/devel/p5-subversion
-RUN_DEPENDS:=	${BUILD_DEPENDS}
+USE_SVN=	perl

How do I choose which subversion port is used?

Short answer, define in /etc/make.conf
 WITH_FREEBSD_SUBVERSION=yes
or
 SVN_PORT=       devel/subversion(-freebsd)

If someone Is interested in the last patches from today are located here

Changes for bsd.port.mk and bsd.svn.mk:
http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/Mk_bsd.port.mk/PR_bsd.svn.mk.diff

Big patch against all 83 affected ports (no version bump needed)
http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/Mk_bsd.port.mk/PR_bsd.svn.mk_all_ports.diff

List of all touched ports:
http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/Mk_bsd.port.mk/ALL_changed_ports.txt

olli