Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2013 21:30:46 GMT
From:      Gilbert <justme_gilbert@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/176709: Doesnt start up, it hangs on an "$" sign

>Number:         176709
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Doesnt start up, it hangs on an "$" sign
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have installed bsd 9.1 on an Acer aspire T650, direct after the instalation i got an normal prompt, but he hangs now when he wants to connect to the internet webpages from freebsd. I can give enter then and do the login procedure, but after that i dont get more then an dollar sign as prompt and he doesnt do any commands i give. Just the words he dont know are rejected but when i give "ls" he does nothing at all and gives an new dollar sign.

I turned off the ACPI,as discribed in your trouble shooting, but that didnt changed it.

How can i solve this?

With regards,

Gilbert