Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 22:44:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold@buddydog.org>, FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: 4 CDs set [ls-alR.tgz file? contents.zip]

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Annelise Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> PL> If the FreeBSD-CD-Creators are nice people (and I'm sure they are well-intentioned people at the very least), there ought to be an "ls-alR.tgz" file of the entire contents of the CDROM, similar to what one finds on the usual ftp site. Yes?
> They are nice, well-intentioned, and more.

Oops, I didn't mean to imply non-niceness in my facetiousness.

prompt# renice -99999999999999 `cat /var/run/cdcreators.pid`

:)

> You will find a file called filename.txt in the root directory of each CD-ROM.
> 	Annelise
> --
> Annelise Anderson
> Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC
> Available from:	 BSDmall.com and amazon.com
> Book Website:    http://www.bittreepress.com/FreeBSD/introbook/

Might I make a suggestion (for dissemination among the cd-creating body)?
[1] Call the file something less Micro$ofty and more like "contents.txt" or
better yet, [2] Call the file "contents.zip" with a symlinked file called
"contents.gz" actually wait these are two different compression alggies.
Oh and [3] maybe a simple sh script could be installed to simply the "find"
command; such a script would do the equivalent of an "ls -alR | grep -i"
command and would return the full path. :)

PS. What's the best way to give usability feedback and enhancement requests
geared toward /stand/sysinstall and the bootable floppies??

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder