Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:07:49 -0500
From:      Aaron Peterson <aaron@alpete.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hauppauge WinTV bt878 card

--=-ySXPsIIvs76gZSvXMrsI

I'm running 5.3, loaded the bktr module, and installed fxtv.  I get
video, but no audio.  I was able to get audio without patching the audio
out from the tv card to the line in on the soundcard with linux by
compiling a driver into the kernel for the built in audio device on the
tv card.  I don't know exactly how this works on freebsd though and
would like to get some sound going with the tv picture :)

Additionally, i would like to use mplayer/mencoder and can't seem to get
that working either.  I can't even get video there it seems...

I tried:

mplayer tv://4 -tv driver=3Dbsdbt848:channel=3D4=20

but just got a big blue screen

If anyone has done all this and could offer me some hints I would be
most grateful!

--=20
The zen of unix involves typeey typeey not clicky clicky.  --Rich Bowen

--=-ySXPsIIvs76gZSvXMrsI

--=-ySXPsIIvs76gZSvXMrsI--