Date:      Fri, 08 Jul 2005 04:16:16 -0500
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        Johnson David <davidjohnson@siemens.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

Johnson David wrote:

> From: Nikolas Britton [mailto:freebsd@nbritton.org]
> >
> > 2. I cringe when I see Times New Roman, again redo the whole site
> > with a modern web font: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Etc. (ever here
> > of Cascading  Style Sheets?)
>
> That's not the fault of the page, it's the fault of the browser.
> Neither the page nor the stylesheet are specifying a serif font,
> that's the browser doing it. Maybe you should go specify a different
> default font in your browser settings.

Holy crap, duh, I didn't realize I could do that.... lmao... thanks....
This brings me to another point, if I never put two and two together
what makes you thing normal people will? This is the major reasons why
you hard code the font-family into your docs. here's the one I use most
of the time:

font-family: Verdana, "Bitstream Vera Sans", Geneva, Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif;

> David
>
> p.s. My apologies for not cross-posting like everyone else is. Old
> habits die hard...

cross-posting?, is this thread still active on advocacy?
The freebsd listbot unsubscribed me from all maillists because my mail
server (that I have no control over) bounces everything coming from
mx1.freebsd.org, It was blacklisted on SORBS. I'm procrastinating the
switch over to my gmail account, so far I've only resubscribed to questions.

Anyways thanks for the tip. slashdot et al. look %100 better now