Date:      Sat, 16 May 1998 03:32:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        gibbs@plutotech.com
Cc:        Studded@dal.net, gibbs@plutotech.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 980513 CAM snapshot available.

 * From: "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>

 * currently doing their regression tests on CAM for deployment.  Satoshi has
 * been using it for a long time for his "art server" project at Cal.  Pluto

Yes, it's proved to be extremely reliable and useful (to keep our
disks awake through the firmware bugs, which we still haven't
resolved...).

I'm also very glad to hear that the -stable port is now available.
I'm a little busy right now as I'm in the middle of moving some stuff
around (and when you have 400 disks, just "moving stuff around" takes
a long time ;) but I'm going to set up a -stable test box and see if I
should "stabilize" the whole cluster that way.  (Not that it's
crashing now with -current, mind you...it's a mid-January vintage
that's quite reliable, but I can't even imagine updating it to
something more recent....)

Satoshi