Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 20:19:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
To:        rivers@dignus.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: C2 Trusted FreeBSD?

In reply:

well, i missed this one earlier...

! ! ! W R O N G ! ! !

RFC 791 (IP) addresses this issue in the sections marked

  type of service / precedence

  option 130 - security / compartments / handling restrictions / TCC

	Compartments and Handling values are available from the
	Defense Intelligence Agency.  TCC from DCA.

RFC 793 (TCP) section 2.9 addresses this issue.

these have ALWAYS been in TCP/IP, and were original design
specifications.  keep in mind that the protocols were for use by the
ARPA which heavily involved weapons research.

such options of course involve the physical security of all
transmission lines / switches / routers up to and including the
gateway to the next security level.

next time please read the most basic reference material before making
such ignorant comments.  the rfcs are a good starting point.

ignorance is curable through education.  there is no known cure for
stupidity though.  thank god i caught it in time...

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or