Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 2003 15:40:10 +0100
From:      Andre Schaefer <schaefer@is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
To:        Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome2 not building

Khairil Yusof wrote:

>=20
> Can you provide more info about what problems you ran into?

I used  cvsgnome to build Gnome2.4 on debian woody with XFree4.3.

Everything went smoothely except for gst-plugins-0.6.4, nautilus-media,=20
totem and sound-juicer.

I disabled them in cvsgnome for the time geing, as I consider them=20
secondary.

The symptom with gst-plugins-0.6.4, was exactly as described here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2003-October/003364.html=

That's why I asked here.

> Some known "problems":
>=20
> - gstreamer doesn't compile with -O2 optimization
> - certain plugins may fail due to problems with dependencies

This will be the case.

>   of these plugins, which are not gnome2 related.
>=20
> You should provide the build output as well as the config.log. Then
> somebody from this list may be able to help you.

Don't bother, I just hoped the problem is known and solved already.

--=20
Dipl. Inform. Andr=E9 Schaefer
Universit=E4t Duisburg-Essen, Standort Duisburg.
Fakult=E4t 5 - Institut f=FCr Informatik und Interaktive Systeme
Raum LF 136
Lotharstr. 63   D-47057 Duisburg
Tel. 02 03 / 3 79 27 18