Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 17:19:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ben Rush <kwende@inetnebr.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   unsupported CD type

	Hello,

		I originally had FreeBSD v. 2.1.5 on my computer before
ordering the 2.1.7 v. CD. I downloaded the 2.1.7 kernel from the FreeBSD
ftp site and loaded it onto disk.  I run through the installation process
fine until I get to the CDROM part where I continue getting the message
saying that my CDROM device is either not recognized or not supported.
Here is the *official stats* given to me about my CDROM:

	PBCDCR-581 4X CD ROM

		I own a Packard Bell Legend 994CDT.  I would appreciate
any help possible. I have gone through the kernel stats and tried
disabling conflicting devices, yet, with no prevail.

-Ben Rush

		  Hey, get a domain name that makes sense:
			http://www.planet-email.net
      http://www.zyzzyva.com * http://incolor.inetnebr.com/kwende