Date:      Thu, 9 Feb 2012 04:50:13 GMT
From:      Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sparc64/164226: [cd] Data corruption on 9.0-RELEASE when reading from CDROM

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/164226; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: cpghost@cordula.ws
Subject: Re: sparc64/164226: [cd] Data corruption on 9.0-RELEASE when reading
 from CDROM
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 23:43:41 -0500

 I was able to create a release build from the 9.0-CURRENT sources earlier
 today (20120208), and successfully booted the release.iso on a spare netra-t105.

 While, I didn't install from the disk, I was able to select "Shell",
 and then use "sha256" on all .txz files in /usr/freebsd-dist, and
 all the checksums matched those in the MANIFEST file.

 I was unable to get the sha256 checksums to match like this on the 9.0-RELEASE
 kernel.  (Or 9.0-RC3 for that matter, where I first noticed it failing.)

 I think that turning off the DMA access for the cdrom works around the
 corruption issue.

 -Kurt