Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:43:13 -0800
From:      "Maksim Yevmenkin" <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        plunky@rya-online.net
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: obexapp 1.4.5

On 2/22/07, Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net> wrote:
> > > I will look into this a bit more, maybe if I arrange to
> > > send() an zero length message before changing the uid it
> > > may work, though I'm not sure how well sdpd will handle
> > that..
> >
> > i'm not sure what are you suggesting
>
> My thought was that a zero length message (sent at the end
> of sdp_open_local()) would create a message event for sdpd
> that only contains the SCM_CREDS message. Thus, we pass the
> credentials before they are changed..

ah, i see. i was thinking exactly the same, except that i would like
to make authentication procedure between local sdp client and local
sdp server well defined and mandatory.

right now, sdpd simply uses getsockopt() to pull cached (inside
socket) peers credentials (i.e. no messages flow between the client
and the server)

thanks,
max