Date:      Fri, 07 Feb 1997 14:38:26 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        chad@anasazi.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make targets

In message <9702030044.AA05050@chad.anasazi.com> Chad R. Larson writes:
: But that takes around 8 hours.  I'm inclined to run "make -DNOCLEAN world"
:
: What do y'all typically do?

make depend
make all
sudo make install

If that fails, then I punt and rebuild the whole world.  And about
once a month or so I do a make world just in case.  It takes about 10
hours or so on my machine to do a world build.  Maybe next month will
be the month I can upgrade.

I do this with -current, but there is no reason that -stable wouldn't
work the same way.

Warner

P.S.  If I notice that libraries have changed, then I'll usually go
right to the make world stage.  I rarely use -DNOCLEAN for world
builds.