Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:01:51 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org, amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Patches for XFree86 for FreeBSD/amd64

I have the X server up and running on my machine at work, I'm currently
using it in a desktop configuration (although not my primary desktop yet
because I still need to have a place to finish off some kernel
optimizations).

The first patch is against ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries:
http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/amd64-libraries.diff

The second is against ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-server:
http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/amd64-server.diff

You need to patch both, because the imake config files come from the
libraries port and is used in the server build.  I've submitted these
to the port maintainer, so hopefully something might get committed soon.

Most of the rest of the diffs are to either add amd64 support to the
FreeBSD configuration, or to fix XFree86 bugs where they assume that all
amd64 systems are implicitly Linux based.  These patches are very minimal
and really need somebody with more knowledge of the XFree86 internals to
go over them.  But it should be enough to get up and running to play around
with it.  I'm using a MGA G450 at work FWIW.

Cheers,
-Peter