Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:14:30 -0700
From:      Michael Haro <mharo@area51.fremont.ca.us>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gtk versions

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 03:16:53PM -0500, Steve Price wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Michael Haro wrote:
>
> In the beginning gtk was a very fast moving target.  Things seem
> to have calmed down now however.  It would be nice to consolidate
> things to use gtk12 and get rid of the rest of them.  Here's what
> I see:
>
> bonsai[/usr/ports]$ grep toolkits/gtk10 */*/Makefile | wc -l
>       10
> bonsai[/usr/ports]$ grep toolkits/gtk11 */*/Makefile | wc -l
>       20
> bonsai[/usr/ports]$ grep toolkits/gtk12 */*/Makefile | wc -l
>       18
>
> Surely we could get rid of at least the gtk10 ports.

Actually it looks more like gtk11 can go and 10 will need to stay,
if we want all the ports to work.  There shouldn't be many left now.

How about we just mark all non gtk12 ports as broken?
I'm basicly done with pass one of the gtk ports.  If you code
gtk stuff, feel free to update some of the ports which are still
not gtk12 as of now.

Michael