Date:      23 Mar 2003 20:17:43 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I'm back

--=-PYqxuCPFivV+1Yn0RngI

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 20:11, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> <snip>

 If
> >porting
> > >
> > > I have written few nice tutorials, but they never publish in the=20
> >Internet
> > > yet. I am kind of lazy and I think they need to be rewrite. :-) Anywa=
y,=20
> >back
> > > to the point, here's my example of nice layout that you can use if yo=
u=20
> >like
> > > it. Basically, one of my friend created a nice layout and let me to u=
se=20
> >it,
> > > which I cleaned to get XHTML/CSS strict standard. Example of layout:
> > > http://mezzweb.com:81/tut/porting.html
> >
> >I like this layout a lot.  Unfortunately, it doesn't meet with the
> >FreeBSD.org site layout.
>=20
> Yeah, it will be look like FreeBSD.org's layout like this:=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/porting.html , but add shadow table and=
=20
> little different. Does it has to be all the way left to right? Are there =
any=20
> rules for this that I can read somewhere?

I don't know if there are hard and fast guidelines.  The basic rule
should be to make it compliant.  We don't want to offend any browsers
(including lynx).  That is, users of text-only browsers should still be
able to get all the content legibly.

>=20
> > > If you like this layout, I am happy to clean up like add/use freebsd.=
css=20
> >(if
> > > you prefer use this css file too), header and etc, then add some=20
> >addition
> > > CSS for a nice 'shadow' table. I just threw them together quickly.
> >
> >If you can meld the FreeBSD.org site CSS into this, and present me some
> >examples, I'll let you know.
>=20
> It should be easy, all I have to do is use freebsd.css and add <style=20
> type=3D'text/css'></style> for shadow table only. The rest fonts, link an=
d=20
> whatever, can be use by freebsd.txt.. But, I don't know how it will look=20
> like, yet. :-)

Let me know when you have something.  Piero <piero@poprostu.pl> also
volunteered to help, so you may want to get with him and collaborate.

>=20
> >Keep in mind that you have to write your
> >code in SGML.  You should be working against a checked out www module.
> >The GNOME docs can be found in www/en/gnome.  Thanks.
>=20
> Umm, SGMI... I will check at www.w3.org and checkout 'www' module to lear=
n=20
> more about it. Hope, this example layout will turn out fine with this.

I think you'll pick it up.

>=20
> BTW: I will try to check on update gnome-python stuff, hope it will go we=
ll.=20
> Then, I can send you the diff files.

Thanks.

Joe