Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 2009 10:01:58 +0400
From:      Menshikov Konstantin <kostjn@peterhost.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Calculating per jail memory usage ...

Andrew Snow wrote:
> Menshikov Konstantin wrote:
>> Now in a kernel there is no mechanism with which help it is possible
>> to count a memory size occupied with processes in jail.
>> After this mechanism will appear, it will be possible to add top :)
>
> Are there any plans to add this?
>
> There needs to be a way more generally (ie. not just for jails) to
> find out total memory used by a set of processes which may or may not
> have shared memory.
>

> - Andrew

The patch will be added, after testing, I hope.
In a case jail it was necessary for memory size restriction.
I do not think that in a kernel it is necessary to add possibility of
definition of the size of memory occupied with any group of processes.

Easier to count memory as conclusion parsing pmap
(/usr/ports/sysutils/pmap/) output for several processes.