Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:29:42 -0500
From:      "Matthew Grooms" <mgrooms@seton.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: VPN between 2 FreeBSD servers

Hey
     If you do a quick search on ipsec, racoon, and freebsd on google
you should find several how-to's on how to set this up. Freebsd supports
site to site vpn tunneling via esp and point to point via ah using
kernel level ipsec provied by the kame project ( www.kame.net ). Is not
hard at all to set up between bsd-bsd but not much fun to get working
with other platforms. Another option would be OpenVPN which is a user
mode non ipsec vpn package.

Matthew Grooms

>>> "Lee" <lee@unassemble.co.uk> 07/25/02 15:21 PM >>>
Hello,

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a tutorial on setting up a
VPN
between 2 FreeBSD 4.6 servers.

I cannot find much in the handbook or on search engines, although I have
found references to either PPTP or vpnd.

Cheers for your help.

Lee