Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 1996 17:20:16 -0400
From:      Mike <mikelin@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem setting up network

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are trying to set up FreeBSD on our computers here at the Johns Hopkins
Medical Institute in Baltimore, Maryland.  We are having trouble setting
up FreeBSD with the network.  The computer will not connect to the
Internet (pinging itself will not work).

We have installed FreeBSD successfully on other computers in the
laboratory.  The computer with which we are having difficulties is a Dell
Dimension XPS P133 with 32MB RAM.  The network adapter is a 3Com Etherlink
III ISA (3C509b-Combo).  I noticed that the 3C509 was labelled as
"buggy" in your documentation.  Has there been a fix for this?

We would appreciate any help you can give.  Thank you very much.

Michael Lin