Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 1995 14:08:26 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jbarrm@panix.com (Barry Masterson)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kermit,tip,cu & /dev/cuaa3

Barry Masterson stands accused of saying:
> Does anyone here have any suggestions on the configuration of the comm
> programs?

'cu' is far and away the easiest to use :

cu -s <speed> -l <device>

so in your case :

cu -s 38400 -l /dev/cuaa3

will do it.

> I'm certainly willing to learn how to use kermit, it looks like fun.

Under kermit you would say :

set line /dev/cuaa3
set speec 38400
connect

and then do your dialling thing manually.

> That said, does minicom run on FreeBSD? I haven't seen it at the
> distribution sites.

No idea.  If you're using X, get Seyon.

> Barry Masterson

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[