Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 10:44:19 -0700
From:      bmah@FreeBSD.ORG (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
Cc:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Chat List <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE is now available

--==_Exmh_1663667734P

If memory serves me right, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
>
> > Acknowledgments
> > ---------------
> >
> > Many companies donated equipment, network access, or man-hours to
> > finance the release engineering activities for FreeBSD 4.6, including
> > Compaq, Yahoo!, and The FreeBSD Mall.
>

> I don't get this.
> Compaq donated something to the effort, yet they don't even list FreeBSD
> on their list of supported OSs.
>
> Have we tried to talk to the group/division that helped with the release
> about having FreeBSD listed as a supported OS?

1.  "Support" could mean a lot of things, not just engineering effort.
Technically speaking, my employer donated some hours for me to work on
the release, but we don't have it plastered all over the place.

2.  I wasn't exactly sure this applied to the 4.6 release, but I figured
(in my somewhat sleep-deprived state) it was better to leave it in if I
wasn't sure.

Sorry for any confusion this might have created but, bottom line, it
isn't that big a deal.

Cheers,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1663667734P