Date:      Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:36:56 +0100
From:      Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alexander Konovalenko <kono@kth.se>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "no carrier" on vr0 caused by suspend (FreeBSD 6.0)

--nextPart1591578.ScZFQImDFy

On Monday 26 December 2005 17:44, Alexander Konovalenko wrote:
> recently I have upgraded my AMD Athlono-XP laptop to 6.0 STABLE,
> everything works fine, even suspending with zzz works except
> network interface vr0 which is in state "no carrier" right after wake up.
> The only thing which helps is reboot.

I just finished working on a Via C3-mini ITX box, also with a vr0 interface=
;=20
it's not a laptop, but I felt it needed to suspend anyway. Suspend into S3=
=20
causes the vr0 to hang on resume, in my case with regular vr0: watchdog=20
timeout messages.

Solution: reset the driver.

Implementation: build a custom kernel with _no_ vr interface built in. Make=
=20
sure vr is built as a module. In the suspend script, unload the module. In=
=20
resume, reload it, then run rc.d/netif and rc.d/routing. For simple machine=
s=20
with uncomplicated interfaces and routing, that ought to do the trick.

=2D-=20
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot