Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:40:38 -0400
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        "Tony Kuta" <Winged@pflash.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: News Relay

Well, I don't know if this is what you're looking for or if it's proper
"technique", but ibelieve if you have a domain you could just point
news.yourdomain.com to UUNet's IP Address. You should probably check with
them first, but it shouldn't be a problem. Is this what you're looking for?
I'd be interested to hear opinions on this technique as well from others on
this list.

-Matt

Heya all I am perplexed on how to setup a news relay since I am only on a
T-1 and we all know that isn't enough bandwidth to do that so as Matt
Heckman suggested maybe  "What if you set up a divert/tunnel for news? Ie,
they would connect to your news server, which would then forward the
connection to uunet's" "Something like an IPFW divert or natd redirect? So
that a connection to you:119 would forward to uunet:119 so you could be sure
the connection came from an allowed IP address..." some of that makes sense
to me but I am a fairly new BSD person. Any suggestions?

Tony Kuta
Internet Operations
Senior Tech.
Pflash Inc.