Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2006 21:56:41 -0500
From:      "Dustin Coates" <demonbob@systemoverload.net>
To:        "'Vulpes Velox'" <v.velox@vvelox.net>, "'Sam Leffler'" <sam@errno.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ath0 attach problems

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-stable@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Vulpes Velox
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 9:04 AM
To: Sam Leffler
Cc: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:05:14 -0700
Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com> wrote:

> Vulpes Velox wrote:
> > Any suggestions on this? The card in question one supplied by
> > Toshiba in their laptops.
> >
> > ath0: <Atheros 5424> irq 17 at device 0.0 on pci3
> > ath0: 0x10000 bytes of rid 0x10 res 3 failed (0, 0xffffffff).
> > ath0: cannot map register space
> > device_attach: ath0 attach returned 6
> >

> > From lsci -v
> >
> > 03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. Unknown
> > device 001c (rev 01) Subsystem: Askey Computer Corp. Unknown
> > device 7096 Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
> >         Memory at <unassigned> (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
> >         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
> >         Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit-
> > Queue=0/0 Enable- Capabilities: [60] Express Legacy Endpoint IRQ 0
> >         Capabilities: [90] MSI-X: Enable- Mask- TabSize=1
>
> This is likely an ACPI/ASL issue. I saw this on an hp nx6125 laptop
> when trying to use the express card slot.  The BIOS did not
> identify how to map the resources associated with the bridge.

Very possibly given some of the funny stuff that shows up in dmesg if
I when I poll the processor frequency and temp.

Going to check into the ACPI list, iirc there is one, when I get home
tomorrow then. Any suggestions on other places to check as well or
the like?

[Dustin Coates]

Also try freebsd-mobile, as they may have encountered this problem before.