Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 12:18:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        SinTaX98 <mmarsman@cts.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question

yes FreeBSD is very syandard unix

if you become familiar with it you will have no problems
with most UNIX.
differences will be liited to very minor things
(e.g. /etc/rc vs /etc/rd.d) <--- your first assignment :-)

you can download the single-floppy versio (pico-bsd)
or the boot floppy and play with it a bit without too much work.

(don't forget to do it in binary mode)

good luck!

julian