Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 1999 23:03:10 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        pete collins <pete@postpagan.com>
Cc:        Spidey <beaupran@jsp.umontreal.ca>, freebsd-mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: current state of the mozilla project on freebsd...

The mozilla project for FreeBSD is, by all appearances, dead and it's
probably high time we just nuked this mailing list and any lingering
references in the handbook (I think most have been excised already).
It would be a mercy killing.

This may be viewed in the larger context of the Mozilla project itself
being rather more moribund than expected (for details, read jwz's
recent resignation letter from mozilla.org which he's published on his
web site) or perhaps it's just that 99.9% of the folks in FreeBSD land
choose to use one of the existing Navigator/Communicator binaries and
Mozilla is essentially irrelevant to them.  Who knows?  What I do know
is that in the year or so since the freebsd mozilla project was
started, there hasn't been, well, anything in the way of interest.

There has been, as George Bush might say, nothing but a large sucking
sound coming from freebsd-mozilla. :-)

- Jordan