Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:31:12 +0200
From:      Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   cardbus not powered when ACPI is enabled

--C+ts3FVlLX8+P6JN

Hello,

like I already described in another mail some weeks ago on my Samsung
Q35 notebook cards inserted into the pcmcia slot do not get powered=20
with a kernel newer than from january.=20
I now selected the option "Boot FreeBSD in Safe Mode" and the card is
powered and recognized.
After playing around in beastie.4th, disabling the entries
  hint.acpi.0.disabled
  loader.acpi_disabled_by_user
  hint.apic.0.disabled
are causing the card to work.

However, it does not work when I select "Boot with ACPI disabled".

Any Ideas?

Lars

--C+ts3FVlLX8+P6JN

--C+ts3FVlLX8+P6JN--