Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 1995 12:42:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      shih@cithe312.cithep.caltech.edu (Ching Shih)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0, 4.4BSD-Lite, 4.4BSD

Hi all,

Could someone answer those questions? THanks a lot!

I just purchased a book (with a CD disk):
	4.4BSD-Lite, CD-ROM Companion
It contains the cource cide and documentation for 4.4BSD-Lite Release.

Does it contain ALL the source code for 4.4BSD-Lite? I thought it does.
But I am confused after I read the introduction. It says that it does not
contain all the source code for 4.4BSD -- some of kernel files were removed.

I understand that FreeBSD 2.0 is based on 4.4BSD-Lite. My understanding
is that all the source code of 4.4BSD-Lite can be freely distributed.
Am I wrong? The source code for FreeBSD 2.0 contains ALL the code.
Am I wrong?

I hope the CD-disk I bought contains all the code for 4.4BSD-Lite.
I hope the FreeBSD 2.0 source code contain all the code.

Just for the purpose of study.

Very appreciated if anyone can advise me on this!

Ching