Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 1996 08:59:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Karl Lemmermann <klemmerm@cyberwar.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Linux Emulation

I'm having some problems getting linux emulation to work correctly, and
i'm having problems finding any documentation at all on the subject.  Can
anyone point me in the right direction?  I really couldn't find anything
even in the mailing list when I searched it on the FreeBSD home page.

I have the linux_emulator module loaded correctly, the kernel was
compiled with the LINUX_COMPAT option, and I think I have the
linux libraries in the correct location, since I installed them via the
linux_lib1.0 package.  I can't even get a linux 'ls' (from an old
slackware distribution) to work.

Could someone maybe tell me the name of a linux binary that should
definately work, to assist me in testing.  At least then I'll be able to
figure out if it works when I get the configuration problem I seem to be
having is fixed.

BTW, has anyone gotten BRU for linux 14.2 working under the emulator?

---
Karl E. Lemmermann                                              Systems Engineer
klemmerm@cyberwar.com                                        Cyber Warrior, Inc.