Date:      Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:28:13 +0100
From:      Robert Slade <bsd@bathnetworks.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Rsync Setup

Hi, I'm trying to get my brain around rsync. What I am trying to do is
synchronise 2 directories on different machines. I have an rsync server
running on one machine and running it as a client on the other. I have
been able to get this setup to work. However, it just syncs the
directories on machine A with those on B. If B has a later version of
the file on A it gets overwritten with the older version from A.

I have done a fair bit of reading on rsync which leads me to believe
that it will only work one way. Is this correct? If so, is there any
other way of synchronising the 2 directories so that they end up with
the latest version of the file(s) from either machine.

Rob