Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:01:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        dannyman@dannyland.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /etc/hosts.deny ALL: ALL not working

>Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 16:46:12 -0500
>From: dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>

>Could someone give me a bit of advise as to just what it is that I am missing
>here?

>Yes, I _do_ have the tcp_wrapper port installed, yes I experience this problem
>on -CURRENT and -STABLE ... it seems that /etc/hosts.(allow|deny) don't do
>anything no matter *what* I do to them, and yes I have RTFM 'til my eyes are
>bloody ... :<

Be sure you RT *correct* FM.

The port enables the "-DPROCESS_OPTIONS" flag, which means that an
"extended" control language is enabled.  Salient points are:

* TCP wrappers only uses a single file (which may be hosts.allow or
  hosts.deny), and

* The appropriate man page is hosts_options(5), vs. hosts_access(5).

david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621