Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 01:19:36 +0100
From:      "Jared ''Danger'' Earle" <jared@23x.net>
To:        "kyle" <kyle@xraided.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 and portupgrade

On 17 Mar 2004, at 22:37, kyle wrote:
> Ok. When I do "portinstall mod_php4" (or make install/make
> reinstall/portupgrade), it still comes up with that gui for me to
> choose
> which options I want... I don't want this gui to come up... I want to
> be
> able to use make install/reinstall, portinstall/portupgrade w/o having
> to always specify which options I want to use. Isn't there a way to do
> this? I believe I was closer before, in setting up pkgtools.conf... Any
> ideas?

Set 'BATCH=YES' in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf to remove the GUI
thing. Oh, and use lang/php4 and not mod_php4 these days. The port of
www/mod_php4 is a placeholder for lang/php4.

jearle@debaser$ grep lang /usr/ports/www/mod_php4/Makefile
# Makefile of the master port (lang/php4).
MASTERDIR=      ${.CURDIR}/../../lang/php4

jearle@debaser$ grep -A10 'lang/php4' /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf
         'lang/php4' => 'WITH_APACHE2=YES BATCH=YES WITH_GD=YES
         WITH_ZLIB=YES WITH_BZIP2=YES WITH_MCRYPT=YES WITH_MHASH=YES
         WITH_PDFLIB=YES WITH_IMAP=YES WITH_MYSQL=YES WITH_XML=YES
         WITH_XMLRPC=YES WITH_XSLT=YES WITH_WDDX=YES WITH_DOMXML=YES
         WITH_FTP=YES WITH_CURL=YES WITH_GETTEXT=YES WITH_ICONV=YES
         WITH_PSPELL=YES WITH_MIME=YES WITH_MBSTRING=YES WITH_YP=YES
         WITH_BCMATH=YES WITH_HYPERWAVE=YES WITH_MCVE=YES WITH_MING=YES
         WITH_MCAL=YES WITH_SOCKETS=YES WITH_SYSVSEM=YES WITH_SYSVSHM=YES
         WITH_ZIP=YES WITH_DOMXSLT=YES WITH_CTYPE=YES WITH_DOMXML=YES
         WITH_CALENDAR=YES WITH_SESSION=YES
         WITH_PCRE=YES WITH_POSIX=YES WITH_TOKENIZER=YES',

I hope this helps.

--
      Jared Earle, Nightfall Games, jared@23x.net - http://www.23x.net
                     "Watashi-wa shin no SUPORUKU desu"