Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 1995 14:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Wes Santee <wsantee@wsantee.oz.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   iijppp strangeness

I just switched over to iijppp from the old method of setting up PPP
described in the FAQ's.  Some strange things are happening, however,
that I'm not sure how to correct.

I execute ppp in -auto mode so it should bring the link up and down as
required.  If the timeout value causes the link to go down, however,
after awhile, the default route information is lost and ppp never
'wakes back up' to process outgoing PPP packets so I end up having to
kill the process, start it back up again, etc...

Does this happen for other people running iijppp?  Anybody know how to
correct this?  Maybe I'm not adding the correct route information.
Here are the important files:

----- BEGIN FILE: /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
# Default setup. Executed always when PPP is invoked.
#
default:
 set device /dev/cuaa0
 set speed 115200
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT&F2L0M0S11=65 OK-AT-OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

# On demand dialup example
ondemand:
 set phone XXXXXXXX
 set login "TIMEOUT 5 login:-\\r-login: XXX word: XXX"
 set timeout 120
 set ifaddr 204.118.240.207 198.68.184.65/24
 add 0 255.255.255.0 198.68.184.65
----- END FILE: /etc/ppp/ppp.conf

----- BEGIN FILE: /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup
204.118.240.207: