Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:10:30 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        danny_browne@eircom.net
Subject:   Re: Gnome Ethernet Very Slow

Danny Browne wrote:

>what sholud reslov.conf & hosts have for gnome to acces the router/internet properly?
>
>resolv.conf just has:
>
>nameserver 192.168.1.254
>
>hosts has:
>
>::1 localhost localhost.my.domain
>127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.my.domain
>192.168.1.3 VaioBSD VaioBSD.eircom.net

Can you do a lookup against that nameserver?

Something like:

	% nslookup - 192.168.1.254

	Default Server:  foobar.yournetwork.com
	Address:  192.168.1.254

	> yahoo.com
	Server:  foobar.yournetwork.com
	Address:  192.168.1.254

	Non-authoritative answer:
	Name:    yahoo.com
	Addresses:  66.94.234.13, 216.109.112.135

	> exit

I'd be interested in know whether or not that work
before hazarding any other guesses.

Kevin Kinsey