Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:37:52 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Summary of final changes to FreeBSD 2.2.7

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> As I previously announced, there were some problems encountered with
> sysinstall in the 11th hour during our CDROM media testing which I
> fixed, rolled an updated boot.flp for, and uploaded to the master FTP
> site.
>
> I also fixed a problem I introduced at the last minute via a fumbled
> file copy which caused the XF86Setup utility to be replaced by the
> Japanese version (heh).  In addition to this, I've just received
> updated distribution tarballs from The XFree86 Project which merge all
> of the 3.3.2.3 security updates directly into the "standard" tarballs
> rather than having an extra update file (X3323upd.tgz) which needed to
> be applied by hand.  In other words, it's totally plug-and-play now.
> Just install XFree86 as you normally would to get the latest security
> fixes and the correct setup utility for your language.  Since the
> X332*upd.tgz files are now obsolete, they have also been removed.
>
> My apologies to those who were momentarily inconvenienced by this, but
> c'mon, this is free software and a 24 hour turnaround time is pretty
> good in any part of this industry! :-)

24-hour turnaround is incredible in this industry; most companies won't
promise anything in 24 hours, and the few who do mostly promise just to
have somebody *look at it* within 24 hours.

Three cheers for Jordan, the release team, the core team, and everyone
else associated with FreeBSD.  I know each and every one of you are
concentrating on keeping Doug White's workload as low as possible.  ;^)