Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 09:37:11 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: changing a name server at INTERNIC

On 15 Jul 2000, at 14:10, Gregory Sutter wrote:

> I was referring to your international phone calls and long-distance
> faxes.  That probably adds up to more than a domain transfer right
> there.

That'll be one transfer.  But not the rest.

> > about my only option.  My bank account is empty.  If I'd worked all of
> > the past 6 or 7 months, I'd not be hesitating.  But having barely kept my
> > house over the past year, I'd rather not spend money if I can avoid it.
>
> I can see how spending money right now is not your favorite thing.
> However, consider that NSI will bend you over and extract $35 per
> domain per year, which is considerably more than you'll pay at
> another registrar.  What do you plan to do when freebsddiary.com is
> up for renewal?

As each domain is up for renewal, I'll be transferring.

> If you can't afford to transfer all the domains, then I suggest
> that as your domains near renewal time, you transfer them one-by-one.
> You'll have to deal with the name server issue in the meantime, but you'll
> be rid of NSI eventually.

Thanks.  Already in the plans.

> Also, if you need a spare name server to use so that you can
> de/reregister yours, I would be happy to provide name service for
> you from ns1.zer0.org for as long as it takes you to set NSI
> straight.

Thanks.  Someone else suggested that option offlist.  I'll send you an
extract for your named.conf.
--
Dan Langille  [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary - http://www.freebsddiary.org/